The methodology of the program is to learn online along with face-to-face interactions using A-VIEW at Integral University Lucknow.
Course Content- Following topics will be covered in this workshop:
- Overview of Koha
- Installation of Koha
- Create a Library
- Create a Super librarian
- Add an Item type
- Create MARC Framework
- Set Currency
- Add Budget & Fund allocation
- How to place an order for a Book
- Catalogue Serial subscriptions
- Add subscription in Serials
- Receive Serials
- Close a Budget
- Global system preferences
- Access to self-Library account in OPAC
Who should attend -
(1) Librarians, who will need training on the use of Koha software.
(2) System Administrators, who will need training on the installation and maintenance of the Koha software.
Prof. Kannan Moudgalya, Principal Investigator, NVLI and Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay
Prof. Uma Kanjilal, Director Library Sciences, IGNOU
Dr. Manju Naika, Central Library, IIT Bombay
Ms. Nancy Varkey, Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay
Dr. Bella Tony, Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay
Duration and Venue:
The workshop will be conducted at Integral University Lucknow on Friday, 12 October 2018 from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM. This workshop will be conducted through a blended mode, using both live video conferencing facility and Hands-on sessions at remote centers.
How to Apply:
Enrollment will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained. The online registration for Koha workshop will start on 20 September 2018. The last date of registration is 8 October 2018.
- Registration process for this workshop:
- Click on Home Tab for signup into the program.
- Sign up using your valid email id. Remember your email id and password for future programs.
- After verification of your sign up, your account will be created on the NMEICT website.
- Login on the website with the verified account.
- Go to Announcements, select the course, and register.
- After successful registration, you will receive an automated email.
Participants who wish to attend this course have to register themselves online through the URL https://www.it.iitb.ac.in/nmeict/announcements.html.
While registering, choose Integral University (RCID - 1426) as Remote Centre. Items required for registration 1. Scanned copy of Institute ID card.
Course Fee: Every participant (both Librarian and the System Administrator) has to pay Rs. 100 as the course fee to IIT Bombay at the time of online registration. On the day of the workshop, i.e., on 12th October 2018, they have to pay Rs. 400 to the Remote Centre that they would be attending, to defray the cost of organizing the workshop, lunch and coffee/tea.
For Registration and more information please feel free to contact
Dr. Satya Prakash Singh, Associate Professor (Jr.),
Remote Center Coordinator IIT Bombay.
email@example.com, +919451793347, +917007879255
Mr. Anup Kumar Sirbaiya Assistant Professor Workshop Coordinator.
Mr. Ranjan Kumar Assistant Professor Workshop Coordinator.