These rules define the procedure for the admission of International students to various program of study. These rules are based on General Guidelines issued by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Statutory / Regulatory directives issued from time to time.
2. Office of Foreign Students and Scholar Services:
Office of Foreign Students and Scholar Services will provide necessary guidance for admission. All letters relating to international students should be addressed to the Office of Foreign students and Scholar Services.
3. International Students:
- Foreign students: Students holding passports issued by foreign countries including people of Indian origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries.
- Non Resident Indians (NRI): Only those Non Resident Indian students who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations from schools or colleges in foreign countries will be included as international students. This will include the students studying in the schools or colleges situated in foreign countries even if affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Higher Secondary Education or Universities located in India, but will not include students studying in those schools or colleges (situated in India) and affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Higher Secondary Education or Universities of foreign countries. Students passing the qualifying examinations from Boards or Universities located in foreign countries as external students and Dependants of NRI studying in India will not merit the status of international students.
4. Documents required for admission of International Students:
- Visa: All the international students will require a student visa endorsed to this Institution for joining full time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. Students wishing to join a research programme will require a research visa endorsed to this Institution. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course. Visa is not required for NRI students.
- All international students wishing to undertake any research work or join a Ph.D programmes will have to obtain prior security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the approval of Department of Secondary & Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India.
5. Eligibility Qualifications:
Only students having qualification recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) are only eligible for admission.
- A candidate shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the academic year.
- Candidates seeking admission to Medical program must have studied the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in Grades 11 & 12.
- Under this category only the students who have studied and passed the qualifying examination from a school located in foreign country shall be considered. This will include the student studying in school and / or college situated in foreign country, even if the concerned school / college is affiliated to any Board of secondary Higher Secondary education or a University in India. However, wards of NRI / PIO / FN, who is studying for the qualifying examination in school / college located in India are excluded.
- In case of any school that follows the American system of education, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at “AP” (Advanced Placement) level and must have minimum C grade in these subjects.
- The candidate shall get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
For issue of Equivalence Certificate, US $ 200 or equivalent Indian currency payable through Demand Draft favoring "Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi” is required.
For prescribed application form to be submitted to the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi” refer Annexure I.
Detailed Guidelines of Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi". for International Admission are available on http://www.aiuweb.org/Evaluation/evaluation.asp
6. Admission Procedure:
Admission of all the international students will be done through the Foreign students and Scholar Services. Students will be admitted in the beginning of the program.
A student wishing to join the University should submit application form to the International Student's Cell along with the prescribed fees. The office will then check the eligibility and issue the provisional admission letter. This is required to get the visa and to complete other formalities.
After getting provisional admission, the student should get the student visa and complete all other formalities.
The student then report for final admission, fills up the admission form and pay the required fees. The student should undergo the medical examination & also required to appear for the English proficiency test. Once this is done, the final admission would be considered.
The international students will have to pay the fees in US dollars after observing all the prevailing rules and regulations.
In case a student is not considered for admission to the course after obtaining provisional admission, the administrative fees will be refunded after deducting US$ 75 towards the bank commission and postage.
7 .Change of Program:
An international student who has been granted admission to a particular program of study shall not be allowed to change the program. In exceptional case, request may be considered subject to the approval of concerned embassy.
Procedure for admission is summed up below:
Step i: Students should download the International Brochure and the prospectus of the University available on the website.
Step ii: Fill up the eligibility form for international students and submit it, along with the copies of certificates listed in the eligibility form and the required fees. This should be done well in time so that the student is able to obtain the visa and NOC before the due date for admission.
Step iii: Get the provisional admission letter from the Directorate of Admissions and Academics, in order to obtain the student visa.
Step iv: Produce the document of provisional admission to the Indian Embassy in the respective country and get a student visa endorsed to institution. NRI students do not require a visa.
Step v: Report to the institution for admission. Fill the permanent admission form and submit it along with the following documents (in original along with a xerox copy):
- Mark / Grade Statement of the qualifying examination
- Transfer / Scholl leaving Certificate from the Institute last attended,
- Nationality Certificate in case of N. R. I / P.I.O / F. N. Nationality Certificate of Guardian in case of P.I.O
- A xerox copy of their passport - duly attested by a notary.
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered Physician
- Certificate from the owner/ Head of the Institute starting the length of service & Total emoluments if guardian if in service in foreign country,
- Income certificate from competent authority, in case the guardian is self employed.
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making necessary endorsements.
Step vi: Undergo medical examination and obtain medical fitness certificate. As per government rules all international students entering India on student visa have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission if found to be positive.
Step vii: Appear for the proficiency test in English. This is only applicable, if the qualifying examination is not in the English medium.
Step viii: Admission of international students will be confirmed only after verification of original certificates, medical fitness test and payment of required fees.
Step ix: Within a week of arrival in India, register with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police.
9. Registration in Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO):
Within 14 days of arrival in India, the international student has to register his/her name with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local police. For this the following documents shall be submitted by the admitted students to the Office of Foreign Students and Scholar Services:
- Photocopy of the Passport
- Photocopy of the VISA
- Proof of Residence
- Registration Certificate from the University
- Bonafide Certificate from the University
- Four Passport Size color photographs
10. Discipline in and outside the Campus:
The international students will abide by all the rules and relegations of the Integral University and the code of conduct as applicable to Indian students doing same program.
11. Examination and Award of Degrees & Diplomas:
The procedure for examination, payment of examination fees, issue of mark list, issue of passing certificates and award of degrees will be same as for the Indian students doing same courses.
In case there are any differences in the interpretation of rules, opinion of the Office of Foreign Students and Scholar Services will be final. The fees are liable to revision and students will have to pay the revised fees as and when applicable. On the points not specifically covered, the decision of the Institution authorities will be final.