Research Areas Recommended by DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DST’s Recommendation – ‘Collaborations between institutes/research groups are required to foster wider access and to develop a link-up work plan for sharing essential infrastructural capabilities.’
1. New emerging Non-Silicon Technologies:
- Improving the efficiency & lifetime of Organic Solar Cells (OSCs) through device engineering and low-cost processing methods. (Project in progress)
- Probing the interfacial recombination, regeneration & mass transport in OSCs using electrical and optical tools. (PhD in progress)
- Development of High-performing eco-friendly non-fullerene acceptors (NFAs) for OSCs. (PhD in progress)
- Development of Rigid and Flexible Perovskite solar cells
- New innovative device designs contributing to higher efficiencies suitable for indoor light harvesting.
2. Silicon Technologies:
- Large area monocrystalline p/n-type high efficiency Passivated Emitter & Rear Contact (PERC), Bifacial, HJT, Si based tandem solar cell.